Saturday, January 28, 2012

My New Recipe-Week 1




Each week I'll be posting a new, healthier recipe that I made during the week along with any changes I made to the recipe and why.

This week I needed pizza dough and was beyond thrilled with the results of this one found on About.com:


Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 package of active dry yeast

3/4 tsp of salt (I used sea salt for a healthier option-no iodine!)

1 cup of hot water

1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (I used olive oil for a healthier option-far less chemicals than vegetable oil!)

1 tablespoon of honey or sugar (I used honey for a healthier option-not processed like sugar!)

I mixed all the ingredients together in a large bowl and, once the dough was formed, covered it in plastic wrap to let it rise. Once it had risen, I punched it down and left it to rise again (total time was about 40 minutes on top of a warm oven.)

Number of chemicals spared: 9, including polydextrose, fumaric acid, sodium phosphate, and modified food starch. (Based on name brand pre-packaged Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.)

No comments:

Post a Comment