Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 1

This was a real crazy week for me! First, I tried to eat only fresh meals, quite a big challenge for me. That meant buying, washing, and preparing fresh fruit, veggies, snacks, and meals. It also meant having an ever expanding list of foods I wish to no longer put in my body. Since I am trying to eat foods totally free of chemicals, sacrifices were made. (Bye, bye shredded cheese- hello, cheese grater!)


Cons: (Yep, we'll start with the cons since I like ending on a positive note.)
  •  It took a little extra time out of my normal routine to wash and prepare fresh food. We don't always buy packaged products, but when you try to go without it, you realize how handy they are. For instance, one pre-packaged pizza crust was laden with about 30 ingredients including some pretty nasty chemicals. I quickly googled "whole wheat pizza crust" and had the ingredients on hand to make my own (thankfully!) Five ingredients and about 40 minutes later, I had my dough! It was delicious, but I need to start learning that meals are going to take a little extra time to prepare.
  • I spent more money than I had anticipated. Normally our budget for groceries each week for the three of us is right around $80. This week I spent almost double that. Although this is concerning, I was also in a pinch (starting a bit unprepared) and running to the store last minute. I believe this week will be better since I know more about the prices in store, and I will be able to comparision shop a little easier.


Pros:

  •  Well, too many to list actually. Let's start with the major one first. You know that lovely little "girlfriend" that visits us women every month? Well, she's been MIA for about 3 months. I suspected this was due to my poor diet but my suspicions were confirmed today when she made an appearance. Hallelujah! 
  • My hunger and constant need for sugar has also been wildly curbed for most of the week. Today is the only exception- I want Pei Wei and I want it bad
  • I've had this weird vein/lump in my forehead that has been having flare ups. I have no clue what it is but I know when it flares up, I can run my fingers across it and move it. And it hurts. I've been dealing with this for the past few months but when my brain MRI came back clear, I figured I just needed to deal with it. This week, no flare ups. I have no idea what this could be attributed to, but I am loving the fact that for the first time in months it's gone. 
  • I have a lot more pep in my step! I did not wake up this week feeling like a slug. Normally I am ready to crash at 10 PM and sleep till almost 8, but this week I was fine till about midnight and woke naturally between 7-7:30. 


Weightloss: Began my week at 242 and ending my week at 235, a 7 pound loss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment